Purchasing a home is one of the biggest expenses you will invest in. If you have decided to move, finding a home the meets your needs and desires may seem a bit over whelming. This is totally normal! After all, where do you start? Luckily, this is not something you have to do alone; as Century 21 Beal’s top agent I am here to help!
There is currently a growing trend today of people looking for a house in College Station, TX because our town does not have the high traffic or huge crime rate that other big cities have. Life here is just a lot less chaotic!
What is the first step when buying a College Station house? If you want to start on your own, and you are not quite ready for talking to a lender or Century 21 Realtor just yet, there are stands outside of many local convenience and grocery stores that contain “Homes Magazines,” these give you a list of homes for sale in the area; and are a great way to get a feel for the market. Reviewing the homes will give you a good idea of what you can expect to get for your dollar.
When you are ready, you should find a Century 21 Realtor that understands your goals and is someone you can trust. A good Century 21 Realtor will be able to show you any home for sale listed with any company. Many people start their search for a home or agent by looking on the Internet.
The internet provides you the most up to date data on homes for sale as well as personality, credentials and ratings of local licensed Century 21 Real Estate professionals.
Once you have chosen a real estate agent; discuss with them specifically what type of home you are looking for. Here is a list of very helpful questions that can direct you to finding your dream home:
1. Will my family grow larger?
2. What needs does my family have for the home?
3. Of what value are the school districts in the area?
4. What size of yard or land will fit your needs?
5. Will you have livestock or several small animals on your land?
6. How close do you need to be to your place of business, schools, or city?
7. Would you prefer a property that needs work or is move in ready?
8. Are you going to live in the home or use it as an investment property?
9. Is this going to be your primary residence…and if so, for how long?
10. What is of most value about the way of life you aim to achieve?
11. What is within your budget? How much has you mortgage lender agreed to lend to you?
12. What items are most important to you when looking for your new home?
When you are ready to submit an offer, your Realtor® is the go between with you and the seller. The duties of the agent will be to negotiate any and all terms of the contract including but not limited to, the down payment, price, closing date, contingencies, and whatever else needs to be accomplished to bring the deal to a fulfilling finale.
Be sure to elect a Realtor® who will educate you on what to look for, be your ambassador, and will work hard to find the residence that meets your distinctive desires.
Good Luck and Happy House Hunting!
Raylene Lewis — College Station Expert and Century 21 Professional Realtor