Leading Cancer Center Moving to Bryan CampusJune 1, 2010
Bryan/College Station Homeowner’s Insurance TipsJune 2, 2010
As I’ve stressed in previous posts, College Station is going green, and this is a highly important movement for our community. What are some ways that the College Station homeowner can do more to lower their energy usage and keep their environment green?
- Vinyl Windows and Low E2 Glass: Windows with Vinyl framed Low E2 reject much more of that hot Texas sun.
- Radiant Barrier Decking: Radiant barriers reject solar radiation, making attics cooler. (A hot attic means less efficient HVAC system.)
- R-Value Ceiling Installation: Higher the number = less outside heat coming into your home.
- R-Value Wall System: Higher the number = less outside heat coming into your home.
- Air conditioning filters: Higher number indicates more efficient filtering of the air.
- Mold Resistant Shower and Tub Walls: Cement Hardibacker and Anti Fracture Coatings are being used for this.
- Fresh Air Systems: Allows fresh air to filtrate your home for a healthier environment.
- Draft Elimination: The amount of air that leaks through your walls, doors, and ceilings should be reduced as much as possible.
- Formaldehyde Free Insulation: Difficult to find, but much healthier.
These are just a few of the ways you can make your College Station home and community more Green. Spread the word to your neighbors!
Clay Lee – Realtor
Century 21 Beal, Inc.
Timeless Service, Quality, and Experience Guaranteed