Ready to put your College Station or Bryan Home on the market for sale and ready to get the highest possible price?
How much does a small thing affect what buyers think about your home? A LOT! A minor change can change the overall appeal, can make it sell faster and for more money.
First Impressions COUNT!
- Straighten up the entrance.
- Add a flowering potted plant
- Replace or paint your front door.
- Make sure there are NO smells on or around the porch.
BRIGHTEN UP! Dark homes are notinviting so –
- Open the curtains and blinds.
- Turn on all your lights during showings – day or night.
- Replace old bulbs with new daylight bright ones.
Updates and Repairs
- Replace any double paned windows that have broken seals.
- Have your A/C & Heat checked and clean filters.
- Replace old looking tinted windows.
- Remove outdated or torn wallpaper, texture wall and paint.
- Repair worn woodwork.
- Repaint all walls with neutral colors – no bold colors allowed.
- Anything broken needs to be repaired!
- broken drawers
- sticking doors or windows
- light fixtures
- leaking faucets
Clutter Must Go & Straighten Up!
- Spacious rooms are more appealing than cluttered ones.
- Remove everything you can from your closets and garage.
- Rent a storage space for extra furniture and boxes.
- Remove collections and most trinkets even if you think they are decorations.
- EVERYTHING off the refrigerator!
- Beds must be made.
- Bedroom & bathroom trash cans empty!
Clean Clean Clean!
- Windows & appliances should shine and sparkle.
- Carpets need to be professionally cleaned.
- NO SMOKING anywhere on the property!
- Pets need to live somewhere else. You may not notice the smell or affects but others will.
Bathrooms Can Kill a Sale
- Recaulk around bathtubs and showers
- Remove all mildew stains
- New clean towels should be hanging
- Light clean fragrance ONLY
Controversy Does NOT sell!
- Do you have signs or posters or art that could be controversial? Not everyone has your sense of humor or political views. Now is NOT the time to express yourself. Remove them!
Are you ready to sell your Bryan College Station property? We are here to help! We will help guide you in pricing your home, staging and presenting your property in the best possible light.
Susan Hilton – Realtor & Sales Trainer for Century 21 Beal
Want to Search the Bryan/College Station MLS? CLICK HERE!!!
View Susan Hilton’s profile