Do you really need a home warranty? OK it isn’t really a home warranty. It is a Home Protection Plan. They can’t call it a warranty because they aren’t really giving a warranty on everything – they are just helping with some things… Legal Issues require strange wording. I have a warranty on my car and insurance too…
But, do you need to purchase a Home Protection Plan for your home when you purchase? Is it really worth it? YES YES YES.
Do you buy insurance in case your home burns? Do you buy insurance to cover the title to your home? Consider insurance for the components of your home too!
When most people purchase a home they are using a large portion of their savings. And, moving into a new home is always more expensive than you think. There are always more things you need and want for the new home. The last thing you want is an unexpected repair!
“A home protection plan is a service contract that covers the repair or replacement of many of the most frequently occurring breakdowns of home system components and appliances” says American Home Shield. They are available for new construction homes, single family homes, condos, townhomes, foreclosures, vacation homes and duplexes, triplexes and fourplexes. Most plans last for one year from the date of purchase.
The goal is to avoid high repair and replacement costs of items like air conditioners, appliances, main electrical panels, plumbing and pool systems right after you purchase a new home. A Home Protection Plan will help with that!
The best part of a Home Protection Plan from American Home Shield (through your Century 21 Beal agent) in 2010 is that the SELLER can purchase inexpensive coverage too. Imagine…
1. Deciding to put your house on the market for sale
2. Hiring a Century 21 Beal real estate agent
3. Deciding to put the American Home Shield plan on your property
4. Having the Century 21 Beal agent bring a great offer
5. Waiting while the buyer gets inspections
6. Oh no the buyer finds out there is a problem with the a/c, the stove or the the house has termites…
7. No problem! You have a Home Protection Plan and many of the items needing repairs will be covered!
8. Getting the house SOLD!
Century 21 Beal, Inc.