When you are ready to sell your Bryan, College Station home, and it is time to place your property on the market, the goal will be to achieve the best possible sales price and sell your property in the time-frame that best meets your needs. We are often told when meeting other people for the first time, that the first impression is the most important. This same philosophy is true with houses as well.
Nothing is more important than the first impression a Buyer will receive when they take their first look at a home. As a Seller, there are two opportunities to provide a buyer with a first impression. The first opportunity is when the Buyer views photos are advertising the home on the Internet. The second is when the Buyer sees home for the first time.
There are several things you can do make sure your property will provide Buyers with a successful first impression. It is a good idea to start with the exterior front of the home. After all, that is the very first thing every prospective buyer will see. Below is a check list to help you get the exterior of your home ready to be placed on the market.
- If you have a Sprinkler System, check to make sure all heads are working properly and the entire yard is being watered.
- Make sure the Landscaping is in good condition: mow and edge the yard, weed flower beds and add fresh flowers and mulch as necessary, remove all dead tree branches and shrubbery, and be sure to hide all outdoor toys and lawn equipment.
- Check the Fence and be sure to replace all rotting boards, and paint or stain it if necessary.
- Look at the Driveway. Check for oily or greasy spots and try not to have vehicles parked in the driveway while the home is being shown.
- Inspect the Garage Doors and make sure they are in good working order. Also make sure the doors do not need to be painted or stained.
- Take a good look at the Roof from the front yard. Make sure all eaves and gutters are clear of leaves. If you see any loose or missing shingles have them replaced. If the roof is stained with mildew, you might want to consider having it professionally cleaned.
- Review the Exterior Trim, Gables, Soffit, Fascia, and Mailbox to see if any painting needs to be done.
- Most importantly, look at the Front Entrance of the home. Make sure the front door is clean and painted or stained if necessary. Check to insure the doorbell and all outside lights are operating properly.
More Articles on Home Selling