October 1-2 and 8-10 at 7:30 pm
October Texas A&M Ice Hockey – Lots of dates this month!
October 2 from 7pm to 8pm
- The women of First United Methodist Church Bryan will be holding a prayer for peace vigil for the women in our community in their courtyard. The goal is to gather women to pray for peace for our families, homes and community. There will be childcare available. For more information, call Donna Jones at 779-1324
October 2-4, 9-11 and 16-18 at 7pm on Friday and Saturday nights and 2pm on Saturday and Sunday afternoons
- The Theatre Company presents Guys and Dolls. Tickets are available online at www.theatrecompany.com, at the Arts Council, 2275 Dartmouth St., College Station, or at the Box Office. For more information, call the Arts Council at 696-2787.
October 2 from 5:30pm to 9:30 pm
- The Frame Gallery hosts Art Step. Follow the footsteps all around downtown Bryan to find original work by artist and artisans, live music from jazz to country to classical, artist demonstrations, and arts organizations. Explore historic downtown, dine, shop and ride in the horse drawn carriage. Call Greta Watkins at 822-0496 or visit www.downtownbryan.com for more information.
October 3 at 8am
- The Brazos Valley Museum of Natural History will present their first annual Buffalo Stampede 5K Race/3K Walk. This USTF certified event will be held rain or shine. Race day registration is $20. All participants will receive a t-shirt. For more information call 776-2195 or visit www.brazosvalleymuseum.org.
October 3 from 10am to 4pm
- Join the Brazos Valley Museum of Natural History for Boonville Days Heritage Fair 2009. Activities will be inside the Museum on the Brazos Center grounds. Visit the characters in period costume, observe demonstrations of frontier skills and trades, see an authentic stagecoach, and more. For more information contact the Museum at 776-2195
October 10-11 from 10am to 6pm
- The town of Chappell Hill will host their 33rd Annual Scarecrow Festival. Enjoy more than 300 booths featuring, jewelry, home accents, food, clothing, and holiday items. Admission is free and live entertainment is provided. For more information call 836-6033 or visit www.chappelhillmuseum.org.
October 12 at 11am
- Register for the Catholic Charities of the Brazos Valley Angels of Hope Golf Tournament at Briarcrest Country Club. The Fight Poverty Luncheon will be held at 12 noon and the 4-person scramble golf tournament begins at 1pm. Contact the Catholic Charities office at 204-7169 to register your team or become a sponsor.
October 13 from 1pm to 4pm
- Brazos Valley Stitchers will host their monthly Saturday Stitch-in at the Larry J. Ringer Library, 1818 Harvey Mitchell Pkwy. S. College Station. Open stitching, guest are welcome. For more information, contact Terri Berka at 218-8951 or visit www.brazosvalleystitchers.org.
October 15-18 and 22-25 at 7:30pm and Sunday at 2pm
October 17 at 3pm
- The International Festival – Institute at Round Top presents Ishay Shaer, concert pianist, a new star from Israel, with works by Debussy, Chopin, Beethoven and Ravel. For more information call 249-3129 or visit www.festivalhill.org.
October 17 at 2pm
- Enjoy a garden tea on the grounds of the historic Gibson Hensarling home at the 9th Annual Victorian Tea & Gala in Calvert. Victorian dress is encouraged but not required. At 7pm, the Victorian Gala at the Foundry on Main St. will begin. Costis $35 for the tea and $65 for the gala ($90 for both) and reservations are due by October 2. Call 364-2386 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
October 17 at 6:30pm
- The Burton Cotton Gin will host their 6th Annual Barn Dance and Dinner Gala. Join them for silent and live auctions, dinner and dancing; $75/person or $150/couple. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit www.cottonginmuseum.org.
October 20 at 11:15 am
- The B/CS Christian Women’s Connection will host their annual Fall Fair with Flair fundraising bazaar at Pebble Creek Country Club. Shopping begins at 11:15am and the luncheon starts at 11:45am. Reservations must be made by October 15. For more information and to reserve tickets, contact Licia at 676-2227 or email email@example.com.
October 20 from 7pm to 9pm
- The Brazos Valley Stitchers will host their monthly meeting at Holy Cross Lutheran Church, 1200 Foxfire, College Station. The featured project will be Velveteen Smocking with beads/pillow. Check website for the supply list. Short Talk: Machine Embroidery. For more information contact Terri Berka at 218-8951 or visit www.brazosvalleystitchers.org.
October 21 10am to 3pm
October 22 at 7:30pm
- Friends of Chamber Music presents the Cavatina Duo. Music from the Baroque, Classical, Romantic and contemporary periods as well as music also inspired by the folk traditions of their native lands of Spain and the Balkans will be performed. For more information visit www.communitychamberconcerts.org.
October 24 from 6:30pm to 9pm
- Violins for the Valley will be featured at Miramount Country Club. The painted Violins and other works of art will be auctioned for the benefit of the Brazos Valley Symphony Society. Tickets are $50; the student violins will be raffled. Raffle tickets are $10 each or 3 for $25. For additional information call 696-6100.
October 27 at 7pm
- The Brazos County Coalition Against Domestic Violence (BCCADV) will host its 15th Annual Candlelight Vigil at the Brazos Cotton Exchange, 200 South Main St., 3rd Floor, Bryan. The theme of this year’s vigil is Family Secrets: Exploring the Link Between Domestic Violence, Child Abuse and Animal Abuse. For more information, email Lou Bruggman or Ashley McCollum at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 774-1241.
October 27 from 7pm to 9pm
- The Brazos Valley Stitchers will host their monthly stitch-in at Holy Cross Lutheran Church, 1200 Foxfire, College Station. Open stitching. For more information, contact Terri Berka at 218-8951. Guests are welcome. www.brazosvalleystitchers.org
October 28 from 9am to 1pm and November 1 from 1:30pm to 3:30pm
- The Bryan/College Station Public Library System will host their annual Fall Book Sale at the Bryan Library on the 2nd floor, 201 E.26th Street, Saturday the cost will be $20 per bag and Sunday will be $10 for two bags. For more information, contact Jeanne Mitchell at 846-2673.
October 28-29 at 7:30pm
- In Rudder Auditorium, MSC OPAS presents Rain: A Tribute to the Beatles. Tickets may be purchased at www.mscopas.org or by calling 845-1661 for more information.
October 30 at 6:30pm
- The Theatre Company will hold their Annual Monster Bash. The Theatre Company’s annual gala fundraiser moves to the Miramont Country Club with live music and dancing, food, silent auction, karaoke, comedy and piano bar and costume contest. Tickets are A$50 each and may be purchased online at www.theatrecomopany.com or at the Arts Council.
November 7 at 9:30am
- The 12th Annual Brazos Valley Memory Walk and 3K Fun Run will be held in memory of Virginia Thompson at Wolf Pen Amphitheatre, 1013 Colgate St, College Station. Registration begins at 8:30am in addition there will be a performance by Expressions Dance Studio, dog walk, silent auction, free raffle and activities for children. To register yourself or a team visit www.alztex.org/walk. For more information contact Amie Brauer at 764-4090 or email@example.com.
The entire month of October
- The Bryan Lions Club will be hosting a household and clothing drive to benefit the Hospice of Brazos Valley. To donate please contact Mary Ellis at 775-7949 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for pick-up.
Through November 2
- The Brazos Valley Museum of Natural History presents Lone Star Lizards, featuring live specimens of native Texas herpetofauna, emphasizing the regional lizard population and the Texas horned lizard. For more information, call 776-2195 or visit www.brazosvalleymuseum.org.
Through August 2010
Have more ideas or things to do this fall? Let me know and we’ll help promote it too!