Where Am I?July 22, 2008
Foreclosure – Short Sale – Is There Really a Difference to Me?July 22, 2008
So your house is on the market, you have accepted an offer to purchase and it is time for the buyers to have inspections. Do you need to do anything to get ready for the inspector?
I know the buyer has already seen the house but now comes the “INSPECTION” part of the process. If you haven’t already taken care of these things do it before the inspector arrives!
- Turn on gas, water, electricity and light the pilots.
- Make sure the inspector (through your agent) has keys to all doors and gates.
- Board all animals away from the property during inspections. No one wants an animal following them around or barking in a kennel.
- Change all A/C filters.
- Clean A/C vents.
- Clean range exhaust filter.
- Replace batteries in the smoke detectors. Make sure there are smoke detectors by all bedrooms.
- Make sure no windows are stuck shut and/or painted shut.
- Replace any torn weather stripping around exterior doors.
- Clean out gutters and down spouts.
- Trim back all tree limbs and bushes touching the house.
- Have your HVAC system serviced if it has been over a year since last service.
Remember a few minutes taking care of …