The Century Tree ReaderHome
"Our roots are in the Community"
(979) 764-2100 Century 21 Beal Inc.
Texas Reds is the best of Steaks, Grapes, Historic downtown bryan and live music! Before you go, or plan your day, these are the most important things and changes that will make you make the most of the day!
1. Friday is FREE! That’s right! Come on down on Friday at 4:00 pm and get a sneak peek of the artist showcases. They will be set up and be ready to amaze you with all their talents. Local artist will be showcased at area venues, music will be playing and all you enjoy about First Friday’s will be ampted up and rockin’! Check out how to make hats, ice sculpture showcase, spinning and weaving and more! Don’t want to try and park…GREAT! There is a FREE SHUTTLE starting at 5:30 and ending at 11:00 from Messina Hoff as well as from Blinn College.
2. It’s not just food and crafts! This year you can participate in 2 different Charity events benefiting The Mary Crowley Cancer Research Center. Friday at 8 AM, Golf anyone? 4 man scramble, shotgun start at Travis B. Bryan Golf Course! Lunch provided by Readfield Meats. Or, is running more your speed? Categories from Teens to Adults can participate in the 5K run or 3K walk through Bryan starting at 8 am at Gloria Stephan Sale Park in downtown Bryan.
3. Children’s Museum is hosting a KID ZONE! 10 AM TO 7 PM Located in the heart of the festival the Kids Zone will give the whole family more reasons to look forward to Texas Reds every year. With activities including a 23 foot climbing volcano, a velcro wall, bouncers, obstacle course and so much more, the kids won’t be ready to leave before you are. And, if you are staying for the Joe Nichols concert, the Children’s Museum will be offering childcare from 8-11! Childcare service is FREE with the purchase of a wristband to the Kid Zone. Advanced registration is required. Visit the Children’s Museum Website to learn more.
4. The Grape Stomp is an equal opprotunity event! That’s right, you can squish grapes! The best part is all proceeds benefit the local Brazos Valley 4H chapter scholarship program. So grab a team challenge a competitor and get your stomp on! Application and rules are available HERE5. Discount Tickets are available online NOW! Packages are available for Wine Lovers (including 1 general admission, 1 Steak, 1 wine glass, and 10 $1 beer/wine tickets), Family Fun ( including 2 general admission, 2 Kid Zone admissions, 2 steaks, 2 wine glasses, and 10 $1 beer/wine tickets) Need kids tickets? Not if they are under 13 years old! General admission for kids under 13 is FREE! More Ticket information HERE
5. While four-time Grammy Award nominee Joe Nichols will be the entertainment headliner on the main stage Saturday night, there will be music all weekend long! From barber shop quartets, jazz, string bands, Maiachis and MORE…if you like music, you will surely find a band you’ll enjoy here!
So grab the family, find a shuttle and come on out! Thank goodness we are doing this in OCTOBER this year!